- November 7, 2019
- Posted by: Shane Dwyer
- Category: Uncategorized
Cannabis or medical marijuana has been proven to treat various illnesses. With its wide array of health advantages, people are continuously coming up with ways to integrate the plant into their daily diet. Cannabutter or cannabis-infused butter is one of the easiest ways to create infused cannabis edibles.
How to Make Cannabutter
It is one of the most common questions from people who want to maximize the functions of medical marijuana while enjoying the experience. However, the process can be slightly tricky because the psychoactive potentials of the plant are difficult to activate. Hence, one should follow the basic rules in this “How to Make Cannabutter” recipe to achieve the desired results.
A Simple Recipe for Cannabutter
Butter is one of the most active ingredients that also serve as a carrier of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) because it maintains the potency of the plant. It is also one of the most common ingredients used in most dishes.
- Convert the non-intoxicating tetrahydrocannabinolic acid into THC by heating cannabis in a regulated thermal temperature. More commonly known as decarboxylation, the process is best done in an oven to save time. This THC contains molecules that induce euphoria or the feeling of “getting high.” To do this, preheat the oven to 245-degree Fahrenheit and put the lower in a non-stick tray. Set the oven for 40 minutes, and often shake the tray every ten minutes to mix the cannabis buds.
- Use a hand grinder to crush the decarboxylated cannabis coarsely.
- Melt the butter by adding a cup of water and a cup of butter into the pan. Simmer it on low temperature until the butter melts.
- When the butter begins to melt, add the crushed cannabis.
- Simmer the mixture on low heat, preferably between the range of 160 and 200-degree Fahrenheit. Leave it for two to three hours.
- Filter the cannabutter by using a funnel set on a jar covered with cheesecloth. Pour the now cooled cannabutter onto the funnel and let it strain.
- Store the butter in the fridge for about an hour.
- Remove the excess water by draining it. You can also separate the solid butter with a knife.
- Learn about the right dosage before applying it to any dish or snack.
Health Benefits of Cannabutter
Aside from its impeccable taste, cannabutter offers a wide array of health benefits.
- The infusion process in making cannabutter requires low temperature. Thus, it has distillation and isolation capabilities that allow you to obtain the THC from the flower and preserve the medical components of the cannabis.
- Some people with respiratory diseases are restricted from smoking and inhaling vaporized cannabis. Cannabutter does not require these activities for you to consume the medical benefits of cannabis. This edible product has reduced risks of side-effects as well.
- Cannabutter is from a single-strain source, which means that the output has full-spectrum compounds that induce potent medical effects. Further, regular consumption will give a more consistent experience.
- Cannabutter is convenient. It only requires the equipment present in your kitchen and does not demand expensive ingredients. Further, the dosage of cannabis consumption is more effortless to control by modifying the amount of the ingredients and changing the heat temperature.
Medical marijuana is increasingly becoming a popular health alternative because of its proven positive effects. However, some people still hesitate to consume cannabis because of the side effects of smoking. With cannabutter, you would not have to worry about this. It is convenient, safe, and effective.