- May 2, 2019
- Posted by: Shane Dwyer
- Category: CBD Oil
CBD or cannabidiol is a product of cannabis plants, but unlike THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD doesn’t give a psychotropic high. Moreover, it is beneficial for a lot of reasons, especially when it comes to your health. Because of its popularity and positive effects, CBD products can come in many forms such as CBD oil, edibles, pills, and many more.
For CBD edibles, the following are the health benefits:
- Great for Internal Organs
CBD edibles can come in various forms such as beverages, baked goods, candies, gummies, and much more. Aside from they’re fun to eat, good to taste, and discreet to be taken, they are suitable for the following organs:
- Lungs – CannaHealth recommended CBD gummies as an alternative to smoking or vaping CBD oil as per their review and ratings. While vaping CBD has its health effects, its side effects mostly affect the lungs. CBD edibles such as gummies don’t irritate or inflame your throat and lungs. So you can continue improving your health through it without worrying about your throat or lungs.
- Intestines – Crohn’s disease and IBS or irritable bowel syndrome are examples of intestinal diseases that can be cured through CBD edibles. CB-2 receptors are affiliated with CBD and are also found in the cells of the intestines. When these receptors are attached to the CBD, it reduces pain and increases metabolism rate.
- Stomach – Eating CBD edibles are not only satisfying, but it also decreases the symptoms of stomach ulcers. Through the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD, it can also heal ulcers. CBD attaches to damaging cells or radicals, and these molecules become harmless.
- Gets Rid of Mood Swings
Mood swings can be a symptom of depression, anxiety, and stress. Although there are a lot of causes that can cause mood swings, one of the reasons for such is the chemical imbalance resulting from the deficiencies of the endocannabinoid system or ECS.
But CBD can help in balancing the ECS and as a result, relaxing the body and mind. It can help people with panic attacks to manage their anxiety when CBD is taken. CBD can also help people suffering from depression to manage their extreme emotions by taking in CBD edibles. As a result, you’ll have balanced emotional well-being.
- Strengthens Immune System
The immune system is stimulated by the cannabinoids through the ECS. It is responsible for perceiving if there is something wrong with the cells in the body. When it senses an error, the ECS intervenes by creating cannabinoid receptors and endocannabinoids. But because of many factors such as lack of exercise, presence of pollutants, and a bad diet, the ECS slowly degenerates, causing it to malfunction, thus unable to fight off cell problems.
With the help of cannabinoids present in CBD edibles, the ECS is rejuvenated. The immuno-cannabinoids present in the immune system performs better as the cannabinoid receptors change how the immune cells behave.
Cannabinoids or CBD edibles can strengthen the immune system, especially for the following:
- Cancer – Patients with cancer have a weakened immune system, but with CBD edibles, it can fight off cancer cells. Although CBD cannot cure the disease, it can help in slowing down the growth of cancer cells. As a result, the spreading of cancer is decreased. Moreover, it helps prevent cancer patients from experiencing nausea and vomiting.
- HIV/AIDS – individuals who have HIV have a suppressed immune system, causing them to succumb to infection. With the help of CBD, it boosts the immune system of HIV patients as it increases T-cells numbers while decreasing the viral loads. The T-cells’ function is to destroy pathogens. Moreover, the cannabinoid has the ability to stop HIV from turning into AIDs by suppressing the growth of pDC or Prolonged Plasmacytoid dendritic cells. pDC is responsible for making HIV develop into AIDS.
- Manages Pain
Inflammation can be caused by various factors such as heart diseases, neurological disorders, chronic inflammatory diseases, metabolic disorder complications, and bone diseases. These pains become more manageable and bearable thanks to CBD edibles. Because of the immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory components of CBD, pains can be reduced. It works by attaching to the CB2 receptors.
Here are some of the pains that CBD edibles can relieve:
- MS or multiple sclerosis – Affects the brain and nerves by causing muscle spasms. These spasms cause severe pain, but CBD could reduce spasticity levels of MS patients.
- Chronic pain – Whether caused by injuries or chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS or fibromyalgia, CBD edibles are dosed, so just by eating an edible infused with CBD, you’re discreetly keeping the pain at bay.
CBD edibles are easy to use and are a discreet way to consume CBD. Not only does it come in delicious foods such as brownies, chocolates, or gummies, but it can have a general effect on your overall health. It helps in curbing your emotional problems, as well as relieving your physical pains. Moreover, regular intake of CBD enables you to improve your immune system.