The act of smoking hashish has been one of the most popular ways to consume cannabis for several decades now, maybe even for several centuries. So, to see that trend continue to this day isn’t surprising at all. In fact, smoking concentrates has become so admired by those that choose to puff the sticky stuff that hashish now has its own holiday, 7/10. Or as we like to refer to it, Errl Day.
As of late, dabbing has become all the rage. Whether it’s hash, dry sift kief, budder, shatter, oil, etc., if it will melt on a hot nail, peops are lining up for a toke.
But, one of the very latest trends to hit the world-of-all-things-concentrated is undoubtedly that of rosin.
What is rosin?
Rosin is merely the moniker given to glandular trichome resin that has been extracted from either bud/flowers, shake/sugar trim, dry sift kief, hashish or scissor hash using a flat iron or some other type of pressing device that contains heating elements, such as a t-shirt press.
What’s the process involve?
Making rosin is relatively easy. It only takes a few tools and, of course, as we mentioned above, something from in which to extract the essential oils.
- Flat Iron aka Rosin Wand
- 25 Micron Pressing Screen(s)
- Dab Tool/Knife
- Parchment Paper
- Hash/Dry Sift Kief/Scissor Hash/Bud/etc.
- Something to puff the finished stuff with 🙂
The necessary steps to reach Rosintown:
- Preheat your flat iron aka rosin wand to the lowest setting. (Preferably around 285 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Cut a couple of small pieces of folded parchment paper for extraction purposes.
- Place the material to be extracted in the center of a 25 micron screen and fold over.
- Place the screen between one of the small pieces of folded parchment and crease the paper over the screen.
- Place the flat iron over the folded parchment paper and begin pressing firmly for a few seconds at a time.
- After pressing the material a few times, simply remove the screen and harvest the extracted essential oils that have collected on the parchment paper.
- Repeat the process with the same piece of material until you feel it has expelled all the rosin that it possibly can.
- Gently scrape the rosin off the parchment paper using a dab tool or knife.
- Either collect the rosin in a container for future use or fire up the nail and start dabbing!
Be sure to check out the attached instructional video in order to get a better understanding of the whole rosin-making process.
Now, plug in those rosin wands and have fun, tokers!
Dab on and Hashy 7/10!