The staff here at The 420 Times truly enjoys the nutritious benefits that hemp has to offer and we’re constantly searching for ways to incorporate it into our daily diet.
One of our favorite sources of hemp protein comes in the form of raw shelled hemp seed.
These seeds may be small in dimension, but they pack a wallop of protein and fiber all while offering the consumer an almost ideal balance of essential omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which support heart and brain health.
Although incorporating 3 tablespoons of raw hemp seed into your daily diet can be easily accomplished via being added to smoothies and sprinkled atop yogurt, we here at The 420 Times like to find other tasty ways of receiving our daily dose of hemp, so we came up with our Super-Easy Superfood Pesto recipe!
2- cups fresh basil
1- cup fresh parsley
2- cloves garlic, peeled
1/4- tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1- cup raw shelled hemp seeds
1/2- cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
A pinch of both sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Whatcha gotta do!
1) Combine the basil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and hemp seeds in a food processor.
2) Pulse the ingredients a few times.
3) Turn the food processor to low and slowly add EVOO.
4) Scrape down the sides of the food processor, then add salt & pepper and mix to taste.
5) Enjoy with your favorite pasta!
*This delicious and healthy recipe makes a total of one cup.