Well, maybe grandma never did make pot brownies, but if she did, this is how she would do it. Making pot brownies consists of two processes: first making pot butter and then using the butter to make the brownies.
Follow the recipe below, and you’ll be enjoying your special brownies in no time!
MAKING THE POT BUTTER
When making pot butter, the goal is to extract the THC from the weed and have it absorbed by the butter. As you’ll see, there’s no need to keep the actual pot leaves. Note: The brownie recipe we provide later on calls for 3/4 cups of butter. If you’re planning on using our brownie recipe—which we highly suggest— then double up on the pot butter recipe, since it only yields roughly 1/2 cup of pot butter.
– Two saucepans
– 1/8 oz. weed (The weed doesn’t have to be ground. You will later be straining the weed, anyways.)
– 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
– Melt the butter on low heat in the saucepan.
– Once the butter has melted, add the weed.
– Let the butter simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. This is the step when the THC is extracted from the weed and absorbed by the butter.
– Strain the pot butter into the second saucepan.
– Refrigerate pot butter until semi-solid.
MAKING GRANDMA’S DELISH BROWNIES
You’ve already made the butter; now it’s time for the brownies. You can use your own brownie recipe and simply use the pot butter instead of the normal butter. But really, you’re probably better off following the easy, delicious recipe provided below.
– 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
– 3/4 cup pot butter
– 2 cups white sugar
– 3 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– Microwave chocolate and pot butter in large bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
– Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts.
– Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
– Bake for 35 minutes.